View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 01:30 PM
jpwhre
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Cricket-how i got isriam4.50 to work for me

Only as I have figured to work for me on Cricket. I hope it helps some one.

I have only purchased my HTC line-up already set-up for cricket, the ones that are not fully flashed. They were unlocked, and pst/msl code were already 000000.

I am using the 4.50 rom now and this is the steps i take to get it working.

First time carrier change is when you really need to tweak your pst settings. After it has been flashed to a cricket rom, each flash after that doesn't affect the pst setting. You can though change your PRL in this setting. In pst edit, on the main Screen enter your Cricket Phone Number under the MSID. From there go to View Info then go to Nam Settings, here is the info you need to fill in:

Mobile Directory Number : Your Full Cricket Number
Min1: Your Cricket Number with out the Area Code
Min2: Your Area Code
MSID: Your Cricket MIN Number goes here
Ture MIN1: Your Number without the Area code
Ture MIN2: Your Area Code
True IMSI_S: Your Number with Area code

While in pst edit, you need to put a cricket PRL on phone. View info/PRL, top line hold down in blank edit line til it asks if you want to edit. I have attached a list of cricket prls, not full list, but they work. Cricket PRL 1050EVDO is what i have been told in past to get fully working ev, and i could not get OTA program to take, would always stop in middle and tell me it failed, to take it to cricket store were it was flashed for further help. Then hang up. Searched here for answers with no luck. I began going thru the list of evdo prls, one by one and calling *228. I was finally able to get it to take by using a 1x prl 01041, not the 1041 prl. OTA programmed fully, and put a 1015 prl on my phone, and evdo works.

Next go to Security
HDR AN AUTH USER ID : Your number @mycricket.com
PPP User ID Your number @mycricket.com
PPP Password: cricket

The Last step:
Go To M.IP Settings
Change it to Simple IP only

Once you have done this Hit Menu then OK and phone will Ask you if you are sure you want to update and hit ok. Phone will restart.

After phone resets, i install phm regedit and winrar. Launch winrar, set up, and shut down.

WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename Alltel to Cricket or Cricket WAP, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is Your Cricket Number @mycricket.com, password: cricket After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy server make sure you type in wap.mycricket.com, Go to Advanced then delete the Socks entry and change the port on the HTTP to 8080, it should also read wap.mycricket.com. After this make sure that you save.

MMS Setup by badutahboy (most this info came from a post, some from me) Please note that you will need a Reg Editor. While using the 4.50 rom, you really only need to check that most of this is already set. I have found changes that are required for me to get the rom to actually work.

Go to messages sms/mms and press menu set up the server info under mms configure in the messaging program might be labeled “Pics/Video config”. Check to see if settings are for cricket.

Leave Gateway Empty
Port # should be 8080
Server address: Http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: cricket

Click ok and exit.

Then, in the registry, edit the following:

(My change HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1/MMSCSettings/Cricketmms change bottom string WAPType from 0 - 1 and check time to time cus it will change back to 0 on its own)

1. HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1

Change wap1default port and wap2default port to 8080

2. HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1/WspHeader

Delete everything but the following entries:

Accept
Accept-language
User-Agent

then modify those settings as follows:

Accept value should be :application/vnd.wap.multipart.related

and add a new string value called X-Cricket-MDN with the value being your 10 digit phone number (no leading 1)

(My change, User-Agent leave alone. Change Accept-Chirpset to Accept-Language and change value to en Then change Accept value, which is long and application/vnd.wap.multipart.related is at the end. Just delete everything befor it and imput : befor it. Delete anything not labbeled as

Accept
Accept-Language
User-Agent
X-Cricket-MDN

And that is how i actually got this rom to work on my phone.)

Net seams to time out often, when it stops working, i need to kill data connection. Set long end press to terminate data so i can stop net, hold end and kill data, then launch page again without opera shutting off. When pic msg doesent seam to work, i need to do regedit HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1/MMSCSettings/Cricketmms change bottom string WAPType from 0 - 1 cus it went to 0 again.

When I ment i haven't had an out of the box rom, i meant i dailly, even hourly have to do regedit, and data kill. I bet sprint users flash roms and they're flash and go flawlessly, but for cricket, all roms have come at a price of flash, and maintain. But it's the price i pay.

No carrier cab needed, mms is on the rom. i added sprintmms, carrier cab, and arcsoft for those to use in future.

Cheack read me first

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-08-2010 at 09:09 PM.