View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS/6.5 observations

I have three Sprint TouchPro's flashed & activated on Verizon service.

Back in November, with the first TP I was getting VERY fast GPS locks even indoors and readings of 10-12 satellites in HTC GPS tool where not uncommon.

A few months later, I started having ALL KINDS of trouble getting a lock & it seemed to be when other people where having problems also. I guess VZ had changed to a different aGPS server or something, but it always locked eventually but it took up to three minutes & sometimes lost the lock.

I kind of forgot about the TP GPS for a while as it wasn't working all that well & I have a NAV unit built into my truck anyway.

Now, I am running Merdin's latest 6.5 ROM & ever since I switched to that the GPS is absolutely amazing. I'm not really sure what that ROM changed as far as the GPS operation goes, but I am getting a lock so fast now that is has the location down before the GPS program even has time to open.

I use Google Navigator & GarminXT & I have NEVER seen a phone GPS work as well as this one is now.

~John