View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
scrambler7
PPCGeeks Regular

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Firmware update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboypup View Post
this might be the turn around point for sprint being a viable carrier ...... doubtful but it would be nice
not trying to start an argument, but i don't think phones make a carrier viable. it really has to start with network and then build from there. sprint used to be the cool carrier with the cool devices. they seemed to get caught up in that game and the network suffered (or maybe it just couldn't handle the growing amount of customers). as network suffered, calls to customer service likely shot up which in turn probably led to the poor customer service for which sprint is known (rightfully so or not). high customer service call volume probably led to the best people not wanting to work there because, well, if you're overworked and people are yelling at you, why would you want to stay? call centers typically have high turnover and a hostile work environment is just going to make it worse. sprint luckily seemed to get the hint and seems to have upgraded the network. 5 years ago, sprint apparently got no service in my area. i never had sprint, so i can't personally attest to the network quality. but fast forward 5 years to today, and i get perfect coverage and faster data speeds then pretty much any of my friends on other networks.

anyway, long story short, i don't think sprint gets a fair shake. i have zero problems with them as a carrier and i think the people that do have problems with them are likely to exaggerate them because, well, that's the cool thing to do. they are probably more likely to excuse another network for those same problems, chalking it up to a fluke or an annoyance, whereas with sprint it turns into a diatribe.

oh why did i spend that much time typing all of that up.