View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
ChaosTheory
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NET 3.5, Picking a ROM

So I've been browsing for a while now, and been doing some minor tweaks to my phone, (mainly Diamond Tweak and a few small programs with various functions). My first question is this. I tried to install Gyrator on my phone, but it says unable to load, need latest version of compact .NET 3.5. When I try to download it from Microsoft's site it comes down as an .msi file, and my phone will not recognize or install it. What am I doing wrong?

Second question: I am thinking of using one of the many, many, many ROMS available and wanted to know what kind of suggestions might be offered? Before I do so though I do have a couple concerns:

1. Is there a way to backup my current configuration just like it is, just in case something goes screwy and I need to reset it?

2. Before some of you say "just do a hard reset" I don't think that works, shortly after getting my phone I tried that and ended up having to take it in to have them flash it (with their ROM I think they said). I did ask if I could get a copy of whatever it was they flashed, but the said it was proprietary.

3. With that being said, how likely is it that any of these ROMS will work for me, or will they cause problems? When I hard reset my texting stopped working and phone signal was super crappy.

Thanks for the suggestions!

NOTE: I originally posted this on accident in the Touch HD forum, if a mod sees this please delete the post in the HD forum. Thank you!