View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Email on Mighty Rom 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Really? I have been using Outlook, and my device for quite awhile, and they have always been Imap (on my device) and POP3 (on my PC with the advanced function-leave a copy on server- checked), this is how the tutorial showed to set it up if you wanted to leave a copy on the server.

Are you sure I need to select POP 3 on my device??? Sorry about double guessing you man, I dont mean to, I just need to be sure...
Gmail allows you to keep a copy on their servers if you download via POP3. IMAP is an active connection to the gmail server, where your actions on the client side affect the server. Maintaining a copy of an email on the server while deleting it on your device yet still maintaining an IMAP connection is not a function I am aware of, but perhaps someone can enlighten me.