View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 04:26 PM
heydjbobby74
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: Email on Mighty Rom 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
if you don't want it to delete off the server you need to switch to POP email. On the stock ROM you must've selected POP while setting up your email. IMAP is created so that all clients are able to access and edit one consolidated source for emails. Meaning if you move stuff around on your phone, it'll reflect on the server. POP is only a one way stream, where it basically creates a copy of the message and haves you download it, not affecting the actual server. Some POP servers only allow you to download the messages once, after which it disappears from their end.

I run IMAP for the sole reason that I'm able to delete stuff and move emails between folders on my phone and have it reflect on my gmail online.

Really? I have been using Outlook, and my device for quite awhile, and they have always been Imap (on my device) and POP3 (on my PC with the advanced function-leave a copy on server- checked), this is how the tutorial showed to set it up if you wanted to leave a copy on the server.

Are you sure I need to select POP 3 on my device??? Sorry about double guessing you man, I dont mean to, I just need to be sure...

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!