View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
justindevine
Lurker

justindevine is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Wifi Enabled does not search or list hotspots

So I just got a used XV6800 and was very excited to check out the wifi. I haven't hooked it up through Verizon yet but I wanted to play with the wifi around the house. Here is the issue.

The wifi appears to be enabled. i have a little tower icon, the switch is up however it does not search for or find hotspots, and I can't even make it do so. I have also tried manually entering SSIDs and that has also failed. Also I have this thing sitting on top of a wireless router that is definitely working, but it picks up no hotspots and I know I am in range of at leat 4 of them.

Power mode is all the way up.

I am also somewhat confused as to how the "Wireless LAN" settings and "Wi-Fi" settings differ and/or affect each other.

On to top of this issue I have been searching quite a bit about this and some say you can't use the wifi without a data plan and some say you can. I have searched and found conflicting statements. If this requires a customized ROM I am prepared to do that too and will be off to read all the tutorials. This board seems to be fairly authoratative and I plan to stick around here now instead of googling around.

I am pretty tech savvy (MCSE) but new to the WinMo and PPC world so please let me know if you can help me out. I haven't seen a problem like this on the board, most are connection problems but the device is still searching for hotspots, mine seems to be enabled, but just sits there.

Here is my device info. I beleive this is a stock rom

ROM version: 3.57.605.1
ROM date 07/21/08
Radio Version: 3.37.75

If you need more let me know and I'll pull it.

I really appreciate any help.

-Justin