View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Drybonz
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Protection for the Prē

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandalf View Post
I'm debating whether I should get some type of protection for my precious baby. Does anyone have experience with either the Invisible Shield or Bodygardz?

I went to a kiosk in the middle of the mall for Invisible Shield, and for them to "install" the shield it would cost $40 vs. $30 to install myself (although the website indicates a price of $24.95). Is it worth them installing or is it easy enough to do it myself?

OR, is there a better product out there??
I have used an Invisible Shield on my last 2 touchscreen devices. I liked it a lot, however... I would not recommend it for a Pre, in particular... here's why...

As you have probably read, it has a very slightly tacky feel to it. While this didn't really hinder on my WinMo device, because everything is mostly based on accurate taps, the Pre is very swipe gesture oriented, and I could see the tacky feel of the Invisible Shield messing with that experience pretty quickly.

I have read that the Ghost Armor does not have the same feel to it, but I have no hands on with these myself.

I ordered a set of 4 replaceable, anti-glare precut cheapies off eBay for my Pre. I will let you know how they work out when they arrive if you like.