View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Scottcrsi
N00b

Scottcrsi is keeping up the good workScottcrsi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery issues with Pre, 3-4 hrs?? and overheating

My battery life has been good as well. I have left bluetooth enabled since I got it and today, just to test, I have wifi enabled. I am 4 hours into my day and after a quick nav trip, bunch of txts, read a few emails and downloaded the new missing sync program, I am at 82%. Thats pretty good in my book, much better than the battery ever did on my diamond!

I have to wonder how many of the people complaining on that forum moved from a smartphone to the pre and how many came from a regular phone? I am used to having to plug in my phone when I'm in the car to ensure the battery makes it through the day. I bet a lot of people are used to going a couple of days without charging so the pres battery life is an unwelcome change for them. Just speculation, I could be wrong.

I have had it overheat on me once. Not on the charger but when I was in a building with bad reception. When it overheated it chewed up a good amount of the battey. But from my experience battery drain happens with most all phones in bad reception.

Also one more thing, I tend to play with all the features of my phone constantly for the first few days while its still shiny and exciting. That alone causes battery life to decrease! I usually don't see real battery life until after a week or so of fully charging and discharging and I go back into my everyday usage.

I would give it a bit more time before coming to any conclusions!

Touch Diamond
Juicy 3.7 Rom (Thanks Juicy!)

Touch Pro
Stock Sprint Rom