View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 07:41 AM
helix139
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife View Post
I haven't really kept up with the treads for a month or so, work has been quite the pain lately, and yes I've tried searching but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Q: For us Sprint TP on VzW people, does this latest release allow us to get the *228 functionality back without having to load the modified PRL to remove the roaming icon?

I assume the new PRI would allow us to use the *228 to download the proper Verizon PRL, which would mean we are using Verizon approved PRI and PRL and still having the GPS, Data and Voice capabilities. I just want to see if anyone has.

1. Loaded the new Verizon PRI (which version was it)
2. Does GPS/Voice/Data continue to work fine (I assume it would)
3. Does *228 result in full PRL download without roaming icon?
4. Did you try the new VzW radio? If so, did it improve anything over the other radios (I'm using 1.07.06F and find it pretty balanced). How was the battery life?

Thanks + Kudos (and no, unfortunately not the snack bar) come your way for valid responses.
No matter what PRI you use, you'll still need a modified PRL to get rid of the roaming triangle. nobody seems to know why this is. I've loaded the new PRI without a problem and attempted the *228 update. I havent yet updated the radio as I'm waiting for more more of a consensus as to performance.
This post has been thanked 2 times.