View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
sadthai
PPCGeeks Regular

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Diamond Radios

to find out which radio suits you best, on your dial pad, simply hit ##DEBUG# (##33284#) where you will see the rx power and rx ec/io number. the number that is closer to zero indicating better performance. (under some radio, like the latest alltel radio, Rx performance is different when BAND# setting is in sleep mode or in cdma mode. under this circumstance, make sure you dial out to a number(any # like your vm or *4 to have it switch over to cmda mode. while the dial pad is connected, go back to debug info to see the rx data under cmda mode).

but of course, real life tests in term of battery usage, heat, data speed and drop calls should be the main factors if you want to keep the radio or use another.

go here for the details on ##debug# http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=7

btw, i have flashed to most of the radios in this thread. the new alltel radio give me the best data performance/drop calls/ and heat. the speedtest.net results in my sig. are all from the alltel radio.

Last edited by sadthai; 06-15-2009 at 03:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.