View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM
agentjonnyb
PPCGeeks Regular

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To Pre or not to Pre, that is the question...

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the persistant postponing of the Tegra in hopes that in another 6 or so months it may appear in a new Touch Pro, or to take arms against a seemingly impossible fantasy of a device, and switch to something already proven real and available, bearing the name of Palm Pre?

Though I'm pretty certain a Tegra-based Touch Pro 3 is HTC's next big thing, I am not so sure I'm willing to wait much longer, nvidia has been boasting of their awesome chip for over 2 years and it's taken this long just for HTC to put it into one device (Superstar) which still isn't coming till the end of this year, this is all inexcusably long, nvidia should have taken some initiative and brought the prototypes to HTC and other companies personally to gain their support and the devices could have been out well over a year ago.

I dunno guys, what do you think? Are we looking at another full year before we see a Tegra-based Touch Pro, or is it indeed possible that it may come within another 6 months or so, give or take based on the TP2's rather record early release in relation to its predecessor?