View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Drybonz
VIP Member

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Palm Pre User Review Thread

Well, I found a non-working "demo" model at a local Wal-Mart tonight. My biggest concern about this phone was that the keyboard would suck. All the screenshots I had seen made the keyboard look like the Centro keyboards, which I really do not like at all.

I played with the keyboard for about 10 minutes and to my surprise I found it to be quite usable. The feel of the keys is a little weird... not necessarily bad, just different from most anything I have seen. They have a soft kind of, almost rubbery feel. Honestly, though... I think I could type pretty quickly on it.

I also found the phone to be not quite as small as it looks in the screenshots. I thought it might be a bit too small, but the size was really pleasant actually. I think the one I was playing with didn't have any actual stuff inside of it, so that made it feel a little light. I don't like the glossy finish, but I would be slapping a snap on case on it anyway so it doesn't really matter.

So... now to find an actual working model. I think I am getting baby steps closer to wanting one of these things.

*edit* What's the silver button on the face, btw? Is that like a "home" button, or "talk"?