View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Talon Pro
Halfway to VIP Status

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not so enhanced PV?

Ok, so not being a noob to Sprint at all, nor Vision or PV phones, i have a question/gripe.

On all of my 'dumb' phones aka SCH8500, SCP8100, A680, M610, i could access my account info (minutes used etc) from the PCSVision home page. On my i500 Palm, i600 WinMo and now my Touch Pro, i cannot. After a lengthy discussion with lvl 1 and 2 tech i got no where. (Seems of late that my experience with tech support leaves me to believe i know more than they do. One guy was obviously reading from his guides and tool programs so much it was unbearable.)

So back to my question/gripe: does anyone know of a way to do this, or an app that i can get? If i use Opera Mobile (stock on TP) Internet Explorer, or Opera Mini (best one!) and go to sprint.com i can log in using my credentials like i am at home on my pc. But, once i log in, i get forced to a VERY small mobile type screen with only 3 links, Call Tones (old PCS site for downloads) Sprint Home and Top Searches. If i click Sprint Home, i get the PCS menu that would contain Account Info as '0' on any reg vision phone, but not on a WinMo/Smartphone.

There is a spot on the Powerdeck homepage that says "My HTC Touch Pro" and the level 1 tech that the info should appear in that spot, but nothing is clickable.

Now the Tier 2 tech i talked to came to the conclusion that they either didnt develop the option, or left it out for a reason. My pondering is that i highly doubt the smartphones are prone to hacking and then account info leakage. The tech replied, well if you left it laying around... and i said, thats with any phone, and he said, well, yea. If anything, a smartphone would be MORE secure because of the ability to lock the screen whereas normal phones usually only lock on startup.

So, any clues?