wallman
Lurker

wallman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Broken USB port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor485 View Post
Dropped my phone the other day and ever since, the USB to PC connection hasn't worked since. It still charges just fine, but the sync to the computer is broken.
I would take it to Sprint, but considering that 1) I refuse to pay for their equipment protection when they keep raising the prices on me (I was locked in when it was $3 a month and when I changed my plan, they put it at $7 a month and wouldnt give me the price I had it for, and then they still charge you $50 to fix it). 2) I dont have a stock ROM, so they'd give me crap over that for sure 3) I opened the phone because the screen was locked in the landscape mode and did not recognize the keyboard sliding out. That part works perfectly now, just not the USB to PC, which didnt work before I took it apart either.

So... What is the recommendation? Anyone have a broken phone for me to gut or is there a place that is reasonably priced that will fix it?
Thanks
same thing happened to me. i took my phone in for repair and was told that i had to call the insurance company and pay 100 and a new phone would be mailed the next day. stink!