View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
cagrant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

ok finally i have fully functioning mogul, web, mms, gps, and those of you looking to get all of this working , there is not an easy way to get it all done, IF YOU CHOSE TO FOLLOW THIS POST DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT NOR PPC GEEKS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BRICKING YOU PHONE. i found instead of getting rid of htc guardian flash a new rom. this kills two birds with one stone, gets rid of all the carrier crap nobody wants and gives you the stuff you do. having said that ppc kitchens will the kitchen to download so you can do your own rom. but there is some steps you need to do before starting building, unlock you phone using olipro 2.40 this will allow you to flash your rom, when you install olipro you might get stuck on on the bootloader but this is normal flash a stock rom these are availble from htc this will also update the radio also so this is a bonus. once you have done this your ready to get into the programing menu. i got the following from denyd's post in this thread.
3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.
4: Set the following values:
M.IP Settings:
MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only
M.IP Default Profile:
NAI = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Security:
HDR AN AUTH User Id = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP USER ID = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP PASSWORD = metropcs
5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:
Number to dail = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs
Domain: (Leave Blank)
Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)
6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.
Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.
this gets you wap working next goto ppckitchens and download your kitchen make shure you register with them because if you have any isuse they can help. when you cook your rom MAKE SURE YOU SELECT METROPCS AS YOUR CARRIER. this will take care of all of your settings , also note after you flash your rom you need to go back in your connections and select metro in the advanced tab, for both and go edit . every thing is set ecept your phone number just hilight the "10digitnumber" and insert your number.

thanks to everybody at ppc geeks and ppckitchens for all the help. there are to many ppl to thank so a genaric on will have to work.

Last edited by cagrant; 06-04-2009 at 12:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.