View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Rippa_MD
PPCGeeks Regular

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: question before i return my phone

I had an issue where my phone wouldn't activesync at all but it would charge just fine.

I took it to a corporate store/repair center so they can try to fix the issue, came back to pick it up and they said since I had 'ssk' rom that that voided my warranty...they flagged my phone and the only way to get a replacement was through insurance now! wtf I was piss off because I knew the rom had nothing to do with it, it was harware issue because I flashed back to the stock rom and the same thing happen.

The phone no longer activesync in any of my computers at home but my brother's Pro did activesync in seconds.

I was then doing this because reflashing to stock takes 3 mins at most. I ended up calling customer service and they were almost willing to do send me a replacement Pro after going going through the trouble shooting with level 3 tech support but since the phone was flagged the 'system' would NOT let the rep/supervisor request my replacemnt..bs probably but don't give them an excuse.

I then did the 'advance replacment online' with the stock rom back on of cousrse and now I have a pro with a gap between the top and bottom but at least the phone activesyncs like butter now.

long story short better safe than sorry [avoid this ] and flash back to stock, it takes 3 minutes max

Last edited by Rippa_MD; 06-03-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: minor grammar punctuation cleaning, it probably still has some errors but it is what it is