View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM
BigDiesel07
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Exclamation Softkey/Screen Peeling? Possible Fix...

Is the lower portion of the screen (where the Home/Phone keys are located) starting to peel away? Is the laminate missing? It seems that this may well be a serious problem and there may be a home-brewed fix... In the quote from here, it seems that you can remove the laminate entirely and apply a Zagg Shield and the capacitive portion of the screen is still protected and thus will function 100% properly.

Quote:
So KCMatt ran the Nav Debug Tool (which lets you view the capacitive key touches on the screen) and the results showed that even where the laminate was missing screen touches were being registered. So when his Zagg invisible Shield arrived he removed the laminate entirely (using a drop of WD40 on a paper towel to clean the little bits of glue that didn’t come off cleanly) and then applied the Zagg Shield…and the results were a success. The capacitive portion of the screen is still protected and functions 100% properly. There’s no loss of functionality at all.

By the way, if the top portion of your screen starts to peel you probably do not want to peel that since it appears to be connected to the digitizer and removing it does disable the screen. And I think we all agree that HTC should just coat all of the phones in this scratch resistant material but since they haven’t done it I ordered an Invisible Shield myself

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 06-02-2009 at 10:09 AM.