View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 PM
freeza
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: PointUI : Faster than TF3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
I just came across this myself and wanted others to know about it. I have seen other topics with it but i'm providing what mine looks like so others can actually see. I made a video but because the frame rate is so carpy, it's not very good. Anyhow check these bad boys out!

Click on images for full size!

1. Home Screen. Has time/clock, weather, ability to turn phone off on-screen (via button), blue tooth, wifi, temperature (easily set!), call history, programs, contacts and sms/mail. Theme for pointui is easily changed!

2. Calendar app has various modes

3. Calendar app has various modes

4. Calendar app has various modes

5. One of many applets you can add. This one will give you specified info and a nice static google map of your position when connected to the inet!

6. This is a TF3D style applet that gives you access to your sms/mail. What's really cool about this is the next shot...

7. You can easily view all of the txt's at 1 time in a flowing screen! So, instead of having to wait for the sms' to load one at a time, it's all there and you just flow right through.

Important to note this is not the built in messaging applet, point ui has it's own as well!

8. Menu to change options with ez access to winmo settings, similar to the new SPB MS3.

9. Settings for customise... I change from here on out to non-full screen.

10. You can see the difference in the title bar...

11. Call history is also smooth flowing. I deleted my contacts though for privacy

12. The application button which is always static

13. The all apps button - smooth flowing!

14. The contacts button which is always static

15. The quick launch button is the blue button at the bottom of the screen. It is always static and can be programed with anything! So you can launch software, contacts or ?????

16. The built in mesasging system for pointui. It's similar to winmo's version, just one big mess but still nicer looking than winmo's

17. Finally, the screen where you add or remove any/all applets. Once you "install" (usually just copy files to home2/folder) you can find the applets here.

Overall, i find this the fastest UI on the TP. It definitely beats MS3 in speed and TF3D/Chome/Rhodium.

You can't tell from the video but it's extremely smooth and fast. Rarely hiccups and is stable. I've been running it for the past few days now.

As far as themes/skins go you copy the files or install via cab and then under theme in customize just select the theme you'd like, it's very easy to change themes!

Download the cheezy video here:

Some more info:

I've been running the classic winmo home for a while. Here is a ss of my setup:

Although at first i was like wtf???????? I found applets that work for me and help replace the SPB stuff. The best part is the applets are free! Only home2 costs 20 bucks so that's not bad at all.

Of course this is running on a siley rom so it's blazing fast.

To run pointui, you just install and select it under start->settings->today-> items and just check pointui and uncheck everything else! It's that easy to put on and take off, no reboot necessary once installed. The best part is that there are no tweeks needed to get it working as is.

The applets are still starting out but soon enough they'll be bad arse. Some are cabbed up and ez to install. Others you have to copy the files to directories which are specified in the instructions. But it's a lot easier than most of the stuff we do with other UIs.

As far as the applets i'm running they are as follow:

Calendar program: Zenyee - PointUI Calendar 2.0 RC WVGA
Theme: Fabliv My Blue Heaven PointUI Theme
TF3D like messaging: Messaging v4 0
my "home" screen: infiniti v2.3 VGA & infiniti v2.3.2 VGA patch

Setting up the install/base weather in home/tasks and world clock proved too difficult to get right with my location and fahrenheit so i just removed them all together.

Pointui's website also has a forum with plenty of community support.

Feel free to ask any questions or head on over to

There are a few roms on here with PointUI cooked in, check out silentjoker's Sceptre Rom here
Wow, i wasn't aware that pointui was capable of all that. Are you running the pro version?