View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: restoring text after flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Ok that's reassuring thanks Jedi

But let me ask just in case this doesn't work (i'm loading the text now).

If they are all out of order, can I just upload all my text to Myphone, then load them in there and have them in order?
I would assume so, but I can't be positive. It seems that MyPhone keeps an entry for each text individually. What Sprite does is it takes your entire messages file and backs it up. This includes all your emails and accounts dealing with pocket outlook. When it restores, it looks like what it would before you flashed. However what PIMBackup does is it saves each text individually, with time stamp, and injects them into the messaging file individually. This takes longer as pocketoutlook then has to sort through the time stamps and map accordingly. If my theory on MyPhone works, then it'll likely be similar to how PIMBackup works, and just take a little while to resort everything.

If the texts don't restore properly, the timestamps should still be intact, leaving the next restore, provided it was inititated properly, capable of being sorted correctly.