Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM
rashire
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rashire
A few question about software on Sprint TP

I've been cooking my own roms for a while now on my Sprint Touch Pro but I can't seem to get a few things working on WM6.5 21501, I've done the searching around for the answer and solved 1 or 2 of my problems but I still have a couple annoying ones I just cannot locate solutions for.

Opera Mobile (9 and 9.5)
I just cannot keep this from crashing, I've tried diffrent ones build in BuildOS (all but 1 I think) and downloading the newest 9.5 Beta straight from Opera but nothing works, I get 2-3 pages into browsing and the application just closes. Also while it is still working it does not show up on the htc task manager.

Audio_Manager_ENG
I've tried building roms by checking the box for this and leaving it blank, for both i get a error message, one saying it's missing, one saying it is not a valid windows mobile file. I actually kinda like the HTC audio player, especially cause it's nice to show to people when they ask why I'm not a apple fanboy. I've found nothing on this on the forums so if anyone knows or can drop a link it would be awsome.

Pandora
I know this doesn't work on 6.5, and I routed all my traffic through my VPN just to make sure sprint wasn't blocking it through their network, but I also saw some people who had issues with working pandora apps that stopped playing all the way through songs, so I'm interested in if anyone knows what changed and if 6.5 is indeed a software issue not a networking one.

VPN
This is just a curiosity question and a touch off topic from the rest, but if, as stated above, I route all my phone traffic through my home vpn, meaning that it is all headed to the same IP and all SSL encrypted, will this cause sprint any alarms or only if I use way to much bandwidth?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with any of these.