Old 05-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Vacs
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Programming via USB

Yes Drewcam888 I sure could use the instructions. I've just been trying to follow the instructions given in the "Official Upgrading Guide" located here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857. The instructions are ok guess, they basically say I must first "Unlock" the phone by using Olipro 2.40 via USB (or nuespl 2.47 via SD card). They say this will then allow me to update my radio rom to one that will allow GPS to work. I think most people use the later Sprint radio's (3.35 or later). I assume that Verizon radios higher than 3.35 still do not work, each carrier has its own revision numbering system.
Ok, then installing the new radio rom is the second thing to do but the only way they describe is via the SD card, which I can't do because I don't have an SD drive on my PC. The last thing to do is install a custom ROM and they give instructions to do this via the USB. They specifically say that the new radio is not compatible with the stock ROM. I quote them here: "
By the way don't worry about the phone failing to boot past the splash screen after you install the radio, because it won't. The radio you just put on is not compatible with the stock ROM. Once you have unlocked and installed a radio you are ready to load your custom ROM. So at this point you can use one of the Custom ROM's that are posted here at ppcgeeks.com, such as no2chems or DCD's , or you can venture into the world of building your own".

So that is where I stand. I'd just like to get my GPS working and be able to burn custom ROMs or use the kitchens if I want.

I DO NOT have a data plan and can't justify paying for one (out of work).

Here is the info on my phone:
ROM ver. 3.57.605.1
Radio ver. 3.37.75
PRL 51307
PRI 2.03_002
ESN xxxxxxxxx

If you can help that would appreciated a lot.

Vacs

PS:

Last edited by Vacs; 05-30-2009 at 08:59 PM.