View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Consigliere
PPCGeeks Regular

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software

Alright, after trying for over and hour I finally got my phone to connect to my computer with ActiveSync. I was worried it would never connect, but after a few soft resets it finally connected. Then I was able to install My Mobiler and it works nicely. I then installed Sprite backup. Had some problems with this, the phone kept on rebooting itself. Not sure if this is supposed to do this. The log said the backups had failed.

I then installed PIMbackup on the phone, it's backing up while I type this. Out of curiousity, what settings do you all enable when doing a backup? I enabled "set as default backup folder" (storage card), "keep selected backup items", "keep selected messages accounts and folders", "keep defined custom items". I did not enable "compress backup" or "binary backup". I would think thats best right? Probably not the fastest but more accessible by my pc incase I have problems restoring. What settings do you all reccommend?

So I'm backing up with PIMbackup, then I'm going to try Sprite again, and after that I'll probably do SPB as well. So I'm hoping by backing up 3 different ways I should be pretty safe.

One more thing, when I installed Sprite should I have selected the place to install it as the Storage card or should it have been on the actual phone's memory? I know the backups should go to the storage card, but what about the actual location of the program itself?

(Ok I think I'm going to flip out, I just accidently hit cancel since I had to unlock my device!!! Looks like I'm going to have to do the backup all over again!)