Consigliere
PPCGeeks Regular

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Backup Applications/Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Same answer as I gave you in the other thread early this morning.

There is no such thing, BTW, as "there has to be." There's "I wish there were," but that doesn't mean it "has to be."

I'm confused by your apparent reticence to install any backup software that "requires" connecting the phone to the computer while at the same time wanting to do backups directly to the computer without installing anything - either way, you're connecting to a computer. No, you don't have to connect your phone to the computer to install backup software. You could (if your screen worked) do it over-the-air or you could copy the .cab or .exe file to a microSD card and put that card in your phone and install from there. There's also Bluetooth and WiFi, although one could certainly argue that those constitute "connecting."

If you use MyMobile, you may be able to do a sync with MS MyPhone by controlling your phone using your computer. That would at least obviate the problem with the out-of-date sync. Incidentally, if you're going to rely on MyPhone (or anything, really) as a backup solution, it's a good idea to sync it frequently. Daily in the wee hours of the morning works well. That way you don't have to worry about out-of-date syncs or backups. All of the programs under discussion, including MyPhone, are easily set up to do automatic backups or syncs.

As I said in the other thread, you're going to have to install and run a backup program on your phone in order to get what you want. As I and others suggested, MyMobile may be a way around your bad screen. If, as you've said, your phone is dying then NOW is the time to use "last resort" methods before it's completely too late.

I also note that you've been asking about backup software since March and have had several people point out to you that the free PPCPIMBackup.exe would do what you want (or at least what you said you wanted at the time). If you'd followed that advice at the time you wouldn't be in this pickle while your phone is going kerfloop.

Your story started out with a claim that you needed to do weird things with your phone because of work (wanting to have a relatively automated and painless way to remove contacts, etc., every morning and restore them every evening) and now there's a suspicious girlfriend who is nosing into your contacts. You may be a candidate for a "throwaway" prepaid cell phone that you can use for your clandestine activities and keep hidden in a tree outside so you don't have to go through all these shenanigans on your Touch Pro.

LMFAO!!!
That has to be one of the funniest things I've read in awhile on these forums.. It's not like that though, she just didn't like me having female friends. I was actually faithful to her to be honest. We broke up though so I didn't end up backing everything up. I know I should have though. Just been super busy!

So do you know a way to backup google maps favorites though? Anyone? I've saved a lot of cool places I've been to on there. I really like the google maps app!