View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
zepsamsung
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bigger Phones, Kind Of Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
For normal phones maybe, but for smartphones, screensize is usually directly correlated with phone size. I personally prefer the larger screen of the TP2 and would gladly exchange hardware buttons for that. I constantly browse the internet on my phone and the 2.8" screen can cause eye strain. The VGA resolution helps, but it's still limited to its size. The iPhone proved that the market was looking for devices with large screens. Not that they are necessarily bigger, but that they are just easier to look at and use. In any case, one of the iphone's 'features' was that it was thin too. I've always questioned why companies don't just create a device with the screen taking up like 99% of the surface, but instead have like bezeling and other things that take up space that could be used for screen space. As much as I dislike the iPhone, it's probably the posterchild of that sort of design. This new TP2 is pretty close.

Why would you need to sweat/lick your fingers for touch screens?
Because touch screens do not react well with super dry skin. I can't use an atm well because of dry finger tips. Also can't grip cardboard or paper, glass is the worst to grip.