View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Consigliere
PPCGeeks Regular

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Urgent Backup question..

I decided to repost this question under the HTC Touch Pro thread since the thread I originally posted under has been dormant since 5/18/09..

Here is the link for that thread, or just simply read down below.. Sorry I'm kinda desperate here lol..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=59278&page=10

Got a question here, hope someone can help! Ok my TP's screen for the past week has been all distorted. Brought it to the service center and they said they can't fix it and I'll have to have a replacement. (Don't really want a refurbished phone since the manufacturer's warranty is still valid). Well I want to back up EVERYTHING on the phone like contacts, texts, email accounts etc. I've never backed up the phone before except for on MS Myphone, but that sync is out of date and I have many new contacts and texts since then. So I've been looking into Sprite, SPB and PIMbackup.. Everything I read about these programs involves having to install something on the phone etc from what I've seen. I'm not able to install anything on the phone because the screen is failing worse and worse as each day goes by. I'm pretty much just able to use the phone for only calls now. So installing software on the phone is not an option.

So my question is which program(s) out there will allow me to back up everything to a desktop computer with my usb cord, save it to the desktop's hard drive, and then when I get my new TP, just simply hook it up to the computer and basically turn it into the old phone with all of my contacts, texts, email and hopefully settings etc too. Remember I cannot install anything on the phone since the screen is barely working.

Even better if it backs up all my old apps and every setting you can think of too. (While the screen was working better I managed to type down all my old addresses from the recent addresses in my GPS app.) I wonder if there is a way to back up all my favorites I have on my google maps on the phone too?

Thanks to whoever knows more about this than I do!

(Oh and thanks to the person who explained how to back up favorites from the Opera browser!)