Thread: Custom roms?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 04:43 PM
veedubguru
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: Custom roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
This is not HTC phone. Otherwise it would be nice. Palm clam down to make cook ROM harder to do. But this is a HTC design phone.
Yeah, it is. It's the first Palm device that HTC has built. It's using the exact same processor as the HTC Touch Pro, MSM7501A I believe. It has an HTC bootloader as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shailigum View Post
Can we stop coming up with new threads in regards to unlockers and custom rom cooking?
There are NO custom roms out yet and there won't be anytime soon.
There is NO concrete info on any unlocker in a progressive stage of development.
READ the threads before you post a new one because all this has been covered a million times over already.
When there is an unlocker, you'll see threads entitled HARD-SPL/TREO PRO UNLOCKER/BLAH BLAH BLAH

Until then, stop asking and stop speculating cause it is not here yet.
Agreed. This topic has been overposted. There are a couple developers that have Treo Pro's on thier hands, and are currently (from what I understad) working toward a Hard SPL, however I don't believe it's high priority. Most Windows Mobile users already know that if you want to be able to crack your device open and customize, buy an HTC BRANDED device. It shouldn't be anywhere near as difficult or impossible as other Palm models since it's HTC built and programmed. Hard SPL should be possible, but believe me, the first developer to come up with it will post it as soon as they are fairly confident that it won't screw up any devices.

Keep watching page #1 of the Treo Pro forum and when or if it comes, you'll see it.