View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
veedubguru
Halfway to VIP Status

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Re: HTC Touch Pro GPS Hotfix

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Hotfix for resolving difficulties finding or locating a position when using GPS for HTC Touch Pro
If it is difficult to find or locate a position when using GPS, please download this hotfix to solve the problem.

Taken from htc's site.
Yeah, I saw that. And it's a pretty limited description of what the fix actually does to the device, just a symptom explination. I was more curious if it was a new GPS driver, application based, registry, etc... HTC doesn't like telling you if it's an updated driver, or new file, or what it really does in function.

From what I can tell from from jmztaylor's cab (and thanks jmz for cabbing it up!), it appears to be an exe that clears out GPS log data on each startup. But then again, I'm not too great at reading the details of cab files either, but I don't see any .dll files so it's most likely not a driver.

Last edited by veedubguru; 05-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.