View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got back from the sprint store getting TP replaced AGAIN Kind of a big story

So I went to the sprint store to get my TP replaced again, what was happening was the send and end key didn't work anymore and the phone had literally slowed to a crawl even after a hard reset. I got lucky that the tech there was real smart and took the phone apart in front of me and showed me what might be going wrong, and it doesn't seem like its something I can control but maybe something I can look out for.

First he told me the whole bottom keypad was bad because it had corroded! He showed me the buttons had corrosion all over them and the reason was probably due to sweat! He said the TP doesn't have a moisture barrier over it like most other phones so sweat can get in and corrode the parts inside.

Next was the slowdown, it would take 10 minutes to turn the phone on after a reset and get anything running, he explained that basically what happened was due to the corosion it constantly had buttons being pressed according to the software so it was slowing it down significantly.

Anywho, I got a new one and am glad to have my precious speed back, hopefully Ill keep an eye out on where I put it when im sweaty