View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM
basilray
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE:Rainbow looking circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanimal View Post
I'm on my second Sprint touch pro. I recieved my first one on May 7th and returend it to Sprint because of a dead pixel 4 days later. I never got the chance to check the build date on it but it didn't have the squeaky back plate issue and never noticed the oil slick issue. Now i'm on my second Touch Pro. Apparently HTC isn't addressing these issues because my second phone has a build date of March 9th 2009 and has the squeaky back plate which i can live with but just noticed today after 11 days of using the second that it has the rectangular oil slick. I was told by sprint that if need be that the next time I would need to replace the phone I would have to pay for a restocking fee even though I have insurance. I think this is total BS as I just paid over $200 for this phone and I feel like i was sold a defective product. If the oil slick issue leads to a non functional touch screen I seriously think this a major issue that HTC needs to own up to.

I don't know if i'm going crazy but I swear in the last couple of days I noticed the screen was less responsive and with the slider out and browsing in landscape I noticed that the on screen keyboard pops up everytime I try and touch a link regardless of where it is on the screen. I'm starting to believe that this is the start of a defective screen. I'm sitting here at my desk at work under florecent lighting and i can clearly see the rectangular outline of the oil smudge. I don't know if anybody else has noticed but i can also make out in the oil smudged area little dots aligned in a matrix. Very dissappointed.....
I think you should stop by the Sprint store again, and try and speak with someone else. I just swapped mine w/o any hassle on Tuesday.

If that gets you nowhere, try Sprint's Executive Customer Service phone number: 703-433-4401

You might also want to take a look at this blog entry from Consumerist.com that has e-mails for most of the Sprint higher-ups:

http://consumerist.com/368171/email-...d-of-directors