View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
vipertk8
PPCGeeks Regular

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP Very Slow on any ROM (and battery drain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
Hi All,

I've tried searching around all over here and xda-dev and have not found a solution, please help guide me in the right direction. I've had a WM 6.5 beta rom (Merdin's Windows Mobile Pro 6.5 Beta 4, 4-13-09) and one day, Rhodium (Xbmod's V1D) would not load and everything got sooooo slow. I tried doing a couple clear storage's and still, same problem. Eventually, I tried the Juicy 7 (stripped down) rom w/ WM 6.5 and now I'm on db ROM Sprint Optimized. I keep having the same issues where the programs are extremely slow to open (e.g. opening a new text may take a minute to load up) and things freeze up (e.g. an incoming call can't be answered or it will keep ringing for minutes until I do a soft reset). Worst of all as if that's not bad enough, the battery under normal use, AT BEST would give me 6 hours (if I'm trying to surf the net - after IE loads because Opera takes like 2 mins to load - I'll get like 3 hours of use). I never had these issues with that Merdin rom before this. I was out of town in Orlando and wasn't installing software or anything but I was unable to ask right away before going through all this trouble as I wanted to hopefully seek out a solution. Any ideas? Is it WM 6.5? I don't think it is since I wasn't having the issues at first w/ Merdin's. Also, is Clear Storage maybe not really clearing things (although they appear cleared)? Thanks for ANY guidance!!!

Best way to hard reset is to Shut your phone off completely. Now Hold Vol down + center button and then press the power button and hold all 3 buttons at the same time till you get the screen to press Vol up to restore to default.

Remember* to back up your phone contacts etc before doing so. Try that out and hopefully that helps if there is a chance you have some sort of hardware problem. In that case make sure to flash back to stock and re lock your phone and bring it in for repair.

Good luck!

This post has been thanked 1 times.