View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
yaco
PPCGeeks Regular

yaco is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint - HTC phones not ringing (straight to vm) - SOLVED!!!

SOLVED! Ended up that I had a defective HTC Diamond... the Radio wasn't working properly randomly not recognizing some incoming calls. Got a new diamond and not a single missed call

Thanks for all the help... If you're experiencing similar problems I'd still recommend you try all the steps below before getting a new phone... every case is different

I have this post over on the Touch PRO but since my phone is a diamond i'm starting a new thread here.

First, I'm on Sprint... I have FULL bars and i'm showing EV (but no data connectivity showing) - (rx power between -80 and -90).

For a while, my friends and girlfriend would complain that I never answer my phone... sometimes i'd get a random voicemail without having any signs of a missed call. So i grabbed another phone and called mine about 30 times... for about HALF of the calls my phone just stood there like there was nothing happening... on the calling phone, it would ring twice and then go to voicemail... the other half my phone rang just fine like it was supposed to.

So, this is what i tried so far:
1. Installing multiple ROMs... Sprint original & updated, and pretty much every other ROM for the diamond out there... but i'm still missing phone calls.

2. Changed the SCI to 1 and the 0 later... i wanted to say it helped but not really.

3. hard-reset, soft-reset, deleting call history...

4. Tried different registry settings... including the ones from Diamond Tweaks that is supposed to reduce the time before your phone rings ("InitVol"=dword:5 for RingPreview and Ring). Didn't make any difference.

5. Updated the PRL multiple times... currently using the latest 60750

6. Changed settings to ROAM ONLY... This SEEMS to be the only one that works... but it's weird. Sometimes (very few) The caller will hear it will ring once and then it will start "TICKING"... not really ringing but doing some tic-tac noise until my voice mail pics up. at least doesn't give the idea that it was ringing and I didn't pickup... of course, this doesn't solve the problem and worst of all... i can't roam all the time because i'll be charged extra!

7. I just changed the ACCOLC... it was 6 before... it seems to have helped. Actually i was pretty happy cuz i called it 10 times and it rang all 10... but then i tried a couple more times and it didn't ring twice in a roll...

8. Made sure my DDTM is off.

9. Called Sprint... asked them to increase the time it takes for the voicemail to pick up... they said i can't be changed

10. Tried the SuspendResume777.cab from Shaggys (didn't fix it).

11. Turned of EVDO (had 1x only) and still didn't fix it.

12. Called Sprint Advanced Tech Support and they were useless... I asked them to reprogram my account and they changed the MSID... the Tech called my phone from his phone and it went to VM right after... then she told me the problem was the Network Signal... even though I had great signal (4bars), and a bunch of my friends on Sprint on the exact same location never missed their calls...

Couple of diagnostics:
my friends reported this problem months ago when I had the HTC Touch... so it can't be the phone!!! and i'm loosing all hopes that this is something that can be fixed on my end

If the caller hears the ring 3 times or more it means it's ringing on my end... if it rings 2x and goes to VM then I never received it in my end.

Sorry about the long post... but please, can any of the Gurus help? it seems like there are more people having the same issue all over... with Sprint and HTC cdma phones (Diamond, Touch, Touch Pro, etc...).

I could get in trouble at work if i miss important phone calls... PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: added a couple of new things i tried since the original post.

Last edited by yaco; 06-03-2009 at 08:49 AM.