View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Hypnotic2010
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to use phone as modem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Con View Post
Hi, my Bell eWire modem just died, and it's going to take 3 - 5 business days for them to send out a new one... a LIFETIME!

I want to use my phone as a modem, but I don't know the steps to take. I have the Mighty ROM flashed, and when I connect the USB, there is the option to 'Use Phone As Modem', but it just says 'Check USB cable connection' under 'Status' on the Internet Sharing screen, and my laptop still has no Internet.

What do I need to do to make it work? Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, but I'm just on my phone and I could only find tethering fix stuff, not the process of hooking it up.

Please help!
It should work fine using the phone as a modem popup with Mighty Rom. Mightys rom already has whatever internet sharing hacks cooked in. Just make sure you choose Sprint, and not phone as a modem to connect. As for your problem with connect usb cable, make sure you have a good data cable, and Activesync installed to give you your drivers. Otherwise it should work just fine. Personally I dont know why everybody insists on using Wifi router. I have my phone tethered all day streaming Sirius and works perfectly.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!