View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
kook04
Lurker

kook04 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink What needs to be done after installing a custom rom?

Hello, everybody. I love this forum, and have found a great deal of helpful information here. Without you, I would have been left with the verizon stock rom. It's become clear to me, though, that after flashing a custom rom, there is more set up that must be done to restore the phone's full functionality. (Verizon HTC Touch Pro, in case that's not clear)

I've switched to Silence 9, and I'm loving it, but am running into some trouble getting MMS to work. After a good deal of looking around both here and at other forums, it seems to come down to installing the verizon carrier cab, and installing an MMS composer. I used DCD Verizon Carrier 20081031.cab (only one I could find), and GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24.cab. The "insert" functions in SMS and MMS are now available, but I still cannot send or receive MMS. I'm not sure if the order of events is important, but will note that I installed Arcsoft MMS before installing the carrier cab. I did reprogram my phone dialing *228. I've done soft resets after each install. My internet function is fine (worked before installing the carrier cab, which makes me think perhaps that wasn't even necessary, but since I installed Arcsoft first, anyway, I do know that MMS was not working with just that, either). In MMS Options within Arcsoft, I've verified that the selected connection is Verizon Wireless, says it's dialing #777, could not find an answer whether that's right or not).

I'm sure I'm missing something. Maybe I have the wrong carrier cab, maybe I have the wrong MMS composer. I'm sorry if I should have posted this in an existing thread, but I thought it might be nice to have a thread devoted to what you do after flashing a ROM to complete your phone's journey from sucking to fulfilling it's potential (limited as that may be on the Verizon version). I greatly appreciate any assistance!

Thanks, Kook04