Lurker
Threadstarter

Crisis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Diamond and SMS/MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
well to start off. SMS and MMS work in two separate ways. so, one can work while the other could not. when you say you are using the "stock" rom for alltel, where did you get that from? i would suggest trying the shipped rom, instead of the stock (need it pm me). the reason is because the stock rom that if available on this website was sort of pieced together to mimic the stock, while the shipped rom (at least the one i have) is really the default rom that came on our diamonds, and it will flash everything- not just your OS.

id also be interested to hear what exactly the error message is that youre receiving when using MMS when you use my rom. i used the shipped rom as a base for my rom, and i have never had any problem with MMS- and this is the first i have heard of any problem from a user of my rom.

let me know, because one of the main reasons i put my alltel rom out there was so that we (alltel people) could have an up-to-date custom rom with fully functional MMS- no hacks, cabs, etc necessary.
I apologize for getting my terminology mixed up. I was going by what I found in this thread, which lists the file I used to revert back as the "stock" file. This is a direct link to the file I used. This particular file plus the relocker let me revert totally back to the original Alltel version of the phone. It has all the original apps and SMS and MMS are both working perfectly now on this phone after some time for some reason. I also found the internal storage since it oddly made me go through the entire file system to find it rather than being present from the get-go. In short - it was weird after reverting back to the original but it's fixed now, it seems. Everything's working like it should.

I couldn't get MMS/SMS to work at all with Mighty's ROM which is a great shame. I tried a ton of Alltel MMS cab files with various versions of his ROMs with no success. Your ROM was the only one that let me SMS but I couldn't get MMS working and although it ran really well, it was a little barebones for my liking. (Though I'm certain a lot of people will want it just for that.) I really wish I could remember offhand what that error message was for the MMS but I can't unfortunately. Since I got it back working now I really kind of don't want to mess with it for right now. I certainly do appreciate both your work and others' work on these phones and your help comes even more appreciated.