Lurker
Threadstarter

Crisis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Diamond and SMS/MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphurst View Post
Does it give you any sort of error message, or is it just acting as if the messages are being sent without actually sending?

Have you tried flashing back to the Alltel stock ROM? This is probably a stupid question, but just to cover all bases, did you have any problems with SMS/MMS when you first got the phone? I have an Alltel-branded Diamond, also, but haven't had any problems with SMS on any of the various ROMs I've flashed from this site. I've had to install Arcsoft MMS on one occasion when a ROM didn't include it, but that doesn't sound anything like whatever problem you're having...
Hi and thanks for the help. Typically what happens is like this: I install a ROM on the Diamond wait for it to boot up and finish setup and all that. What happened on Mighty's ROMs was that I'd get my contacts synced up and all that. Then when I go to messages or choose to send one to a contact is when I start having the problem. If I choose to insert a picture into a message on Mighty's ROM it stops the text/MMS app and goes to what I think is the email client. Then in the message field it has a default line inside of it that is something like /c-c or something similar to that. I can attach a picture to it, but when I go to send it, it gives me an error message that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I just reinstalled the original Alltel ROM and it's working like it's supposed to except for MMS. Both SMS and MMS were working flawlessly before I flashed the ROM in the first place. I can't choose any file on the internal storage when I try to choose a picture or video. The internal storage doesn't show up as an option. This happened in another ROM/cab combination as well, where I was able to send SMS but no MMS. Any ideas how to get my internal storage back in the selection screen?

Last edited by Crisis; 05-17-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added a little more information.