View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
faustt
Lurker

faustt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Changing a miss flashed spash screen

When I first got my Touch Pro I went looking around for roms. I grabbed what sounded like a good one from XDA, flashed then realized I had flashed a GSM rom. horror stricken, I quickly flashed back to a stock CDMA rom. Phone works fine and has been for months. What ended up happening though is the first splash screen has been stuck through many rom flashes. I'm pretty sure stock it's just black, with the red text on the bottom. Recently I tried fixing it, but theres still like a bottom cutain that just wont go away. I've tried a buch of different resolutions and nothing has worked.

Heres a pic

With Text

Any clue why that damn bottom part wont go away? I know you're supposed to make it like 100 pixels longer for the red text, but it never extends down that far to clear it. Did I flash some "magical GSM memory" and I'm just screwed? The image should be centered, but the bottom is clearly cut off. I've tried 480x640 and 480x680. I tried a few other one that extended farther, but they didn't display right.

I could track down a GSM rom, Change that splash and see if it works. But I really don't want to flash to GSM a second time...

Any ideas?