View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
AceXMachine
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint Pro/diamond on verizon (this time the hard way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrumino View Post
AceXMachine, your reply is really interesting.

specially the part about the EVDO 3g access... I just solved the problem with the A-KEY deactivating the MEID and leaving only an ESN from my really old LG vx8300... so now i can make/receive calls

the only problem left, of course i knew i was going to face it: 3G EVDO internet access... so, in your opinion this "spoof" that i did makes totally impossible to make it work as the original ESN belongs to a different "kind" of cell phone/PDA?.

i'm esceptic with that... i feel that it's possible to connect my diamond to the internet by using the 1X network... i read somewhere in the past that by doing so, my AAA keys and stuff would be automatically written to the phone.... do you have any idea on how to make the 1X internet to work?

maybe i'm just totally wrong. But would be nice if someone can give a clue where to start or what to look for...

i tried MANY times (days, weeks...) to convince the verizon support representatives to add the original MEID of my diamond to their database. It was a CLEAN meid from sprint, they never wanted to do it... so this MEID fix that i did is waaay faster.
Since my last post I have become more familiar with CDMA workshop and what it can/can't do. That being said, I am no longer skeptical or surprised that you were able to get voice working.

As far as data, I only said that I did not know how successful you would/could be, not that it is impossible (that I don't know). You can force 1x connection by going somewhere where only 1x is available or that has such poor evdo coverage that your phone will revert to 1x. You can also do it through EPST under Modem Settings by either setting Preferred Mode to CDMA only or by changing HDR Hybrid Preferred to Disable....or both...can't remember.

While that will take care of your HA/AAA keys, it will not fix the DMU key. Since no ESN change was done in the switch I do not know how that will be resolved.

Check your PMs