View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Water damaged Diamond. How to clear internal storage before returning to Asurion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exi View Post
I have a replacement for my insured Diamond en route. I managed to drop mine into water.

The touchscreen is no longer functional; neither are the "hard" buttons, save for power/sleep on top. I have flashed a stock ROM to clear any information on the device, but how might I go about clearing the internal storage of the phone before shipping it back to Sprint/Asurion?

I forget whether there were any things of importance there. The phone is not showing in the device manager, but the USB cable seems to have been enough to flash the phone.
If you can get it connected via USB (I assume you can since you flashed), you might be able to use MyMobiler to control your phone from your PC and clear storage. By device manager, do you mean you cannot browse files on the phone? Can you see it under "My Computer"? If so, you could just delete the files on your internal storage.