View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
gurrumino
N00b

gurrumino is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint PRO/DIAMOND on Verizon (This time the HARD WAY)

hello everyone

I'm trying to activate my HTC diamond from sprint to my verizon number... my current phone in verizon is LG VX9100 ("eNV2")...

I used CDMA workshop to fix the ME*D of my diamond, making it exactly the same as my current verizon phone. Of course i changed the SPL to 000000... and loaded verizon PRL... that's pretty much what i did... the phone already has a custom ROM (MIGHTY)

After that i dialed *228 and and selected option #1 for programming... i did this because the phone wasn't making/receiving any calls ... so, after that the phone started to receive calls, but then i noticed that i still can't make any calls from my diamond... a voice message from verizon keeps telling me that my phone couldn't be athenticated or something like that.

i've been reading a lot about the "A-KEY"... but i'm quite confused. How i'm supposed to find that key?. CDMA workshop has a calculator that gives me the A-KEY based on the MEID/ESN i provide (i'm using the donor MEID-LG phone)... the problem is that the calculator is designed for "verizon prepay"... when i dial ##778# on my diamond EPST has an option to add/edit the A-KEY, but it asks for a 26 digit code. The CDMA WORKSHOP calculator gives me a 20 digit code (dec) or a 16 digit one (HEX). wtf?

and then, i have this whole topic about the DMU keys... this time i really don't have a clue how this is supposed to work. First, the only software i'm using is CDMA workshop. should i worry about this keys?.

HA AAA KEYS... what are these?... i have no idea how i'm going to set my evdo 3g access to work... :S

I'd love to have some help about what settings are important to look for... where/how to get them... I'm totally lost right now :S

P.D: sorry that i posted this info in the touch pro forum, i just like this forum better. the settings should be the exactly the same. right?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by gurrumino; 05-17-2009 at 02:24 AM. Reason: SPELL ISSUES :P
This post has been thanked 1 times.