View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
revdecker
Lurker

revdecker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A little help with an Exchange error? "There has been a change on your server..."

Okay, so I did not read everyone's response here, because I have been staring at forums for days to try and find the answer to this very same question and I am starting to go cross-eyed. I found two things that have worked for me, one is guaranteed and the other has worked thus far...will update if it fails.

First, and I read this on another forum and got this answer directly from HTC's customer service. It is not the ideal solution, but it does work guaranteed. If you go into your settings for the sync program on your phone, or on the computer, and tell it to "NOT" sync your desktop email this problem will disappear. Now, what I did last time was change that setting so I could back up everything else and not lose any appointments and phone numbers I put in, then I went back and reversed it so that I could get my desktop email on my phone too. This is something I like to have so it is not ideal, having to do this every few days or so is a pain.

The second solution is one I stumbled upon. I went into the settings for syncing and changed it from, if conflict change on my device - to if conflict change on my computer. The problem, I believe is when there is a change on the desktop email everything gets all screwy. So I did that and haven't had the problem since then. I should note however, that I am not keeping the phone plugged in for long periods of time. I do one of two things, either I plug it in and let it sync then disconnect usb connections allowed (this lets my phone charge but doesn't let it sync repeatedly) or I just unplug after it has synched up.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I hope it helps. Good luck and God bless!