Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 AM
reyderosquillas
N00b

reyderosquillas is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: UPDATE:Rainbow looking circle

I have the same stupid oil rainbow rectangle problem:

Ok, I was with AT&T and purchased my TP Fuze on 11/11/08. About 3 months later the rainbow rectangle appeared. At first I thought ok w/e no big deal, however it's quite dissapointing to have such a looker of a phone have such an ugly screen problem! Anyway I decided to leave it be after doing the same thread reading research through xda, howardforums, and here.

However, I read in many places that it's happened to many HTC devices over the years, not just the TP or the Diamond!

Doesn't that = class action lawsuit? BillJr106 says here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=143

"So I heard someone say that this is being considered a "Cosmetic Defect" by HTC and not being covered under the 90 day ( or is it 30 day ) warranty?? I think if that is true, it might be time for a little wake up call called "Class Action Lawsuit". Nothing gets a company moving better, and taking care of defects, better then a good old fashioned Class Action Suit. Im sure there is a lawyer somewhere willing to pick it up for a portion of the settlement. I for one wont tolerate paying this much for a touch screen phone that has a defect in the touch screen. My PPC6700 made it 2 years with no overheating issues, no touch screen issues, and actually ran a little better ( altho in the touch pros defense, when I disable touch flo 3d, the phone runs quite fast. )."

Anyway, after doing all of my homework I decided not to try to send it to AT&T as they said screens aren't covered by the insurance plan (maybe I should've taken it into a store, I can't remember if I ever tried that route).

What I need to know:

Has anyone with the rainbow rectangle had any problems develop from it?

I'm hoping the answer is yes because I just sent my phone to HTC (since I'm now with T-Mo anyway) and praying I don't have to pay for a new screen or phone + the diagnostics.

Anyway I got the email that they "recevied the unit" at 9:30 am CT yesterday, and then I called and checked on the RMA and they said a tech is currently looking at it..

So hopefully I won't receive the dreadful phone call saying I need to pay, because if they don't call they are apparently repairing it for free under warranty.

I can't imagine the fallout if the Touch Pro 2 and Diamond 2 have this same problem! What about the G1 and G2, since other htc phones in the past have had the same problem??

Last edited by reyderosquillas; 05-15-2009 at 10:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.