bedlam247
PPCGeeks Regular

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Locking My Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4el View Post
I have spent alot of time recently playing with these sort of utilities. So far i really like Touch Lock Pro. It has up until a few days ago been very reliable. It has started to fail to start itself however so i may have to retract this recommendation if it turns out i didn't cause the issue unwittingly.

I tried many of the others and found them to be frustratingly unreliable in many instances. Though, Sensor lock was a great idea and worked pretty well the author isn't supporting it any longer so i don't want to get too attached.

I too, had problems with Touch Lock Pro on MightyROM5. It would work one day and not the next. I like it when it worked, because you can have the TLP work in the background with out a background/screen. So what I did was use the light sensor to unlock the phone and have the WM6.5 locking program set for 15+ minutes. This combo will make my phone secure and prevent the password requirement every time I turn the screen on. And unlike PocketShield, there no "double" screens, one for PS and one for the WM6.5 locking app.

So at the end of the day, I am still looking for a stable screen locking app that will:
  • no locking screen, 'cause I will have on with WM6.5 lock app
  • must have unlocking by light sensor
  • must have locking by power button (top left of TP device)