View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Fix Skipping Sound when Playing Music

From Zbop (original post):
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbop View Post
...known HTC bug on multiple devices and it affects all music players to varying degrees (WMP and the HTC player seem to fare better). This doesn't affect A2DP and the bug is not related to the screensaver bug.

A little background...
HTC released a fix for the audio skipping on the GSM Diamond and Touch HD. I tried that cab on my Treo Pro and it hung my device, had to hard reset. Someone with a CDMA Touch Pro finally figured out what was modified and then created his own Raphael patch. So, I also tried that cab and it broke my USB, power and audio. Long story short, I disassembled the patched dll, figured out what the change was, and created a patch for the Sprint Treo Pro. The result is that I can now play music skip-free.

The bug is that one of the threads in a core HTC dll runs at too high a priority (real-time), and when it's active it interferes with the audio driver; this patch lowers the priority of the offending thread.
Installation (Sprint only):
1) Install sdkcerts.cab
2) Install STPAudioSkipFix.CAB
3) Soft-reset
4) If you are using Coreplayer, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced and make sure that "Higher priority music playback" is checked

WARNING: DO NOT INSTALL THIS ON A GSM Treo Pro!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab STPAudioSkipFix.CAB (83.9 KB, 123 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 116 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Malatesta; 05-20-2009 at 10:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.