View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
ramborami
PPCGeeks Regular

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Bluetooth on Audi (fixed) and Mercedes (still broken)

I've been fiddling with this for over a month and have finally come to a conclusion. Nobody on the entire internet has a fix for Audi & Windows Mobile... except ME... =D>

Audi-
Bluetooth pairing of voice works fine.
Synchronizing of contacts only works when you have less than 50 or so in your call history. This makes no sense, but it works consistently for me on 2009 Audi TT and 2009 Audi A4. If I have more than 50 or so items in my call history, then the car will only sync the first 20 call history numbers, then stops. If I clear the call history on my phone, then Contacts will all sync fine. After a few days when I accumulate a bunch of calls, it stops working again. So the key here is to clear your call logs every 5-7 days.

Here are the steps to get started:
1) On your phone: Disable bluetooth and delete the sync relationship between Audi and your Phone.
2) On your phone: Go into your call history, select the bottom right soft button and choose DELETE ALL.
3) On your Audi: Turn the key to ON and go into the Phone screen.
4) On your phone: Enable bluetooth and search for devices to pair the phone, type in your PIN and NEXT, and DONE.
5) Once its paired, wait 7-10 seconds. A message will popup on your phone's screen which says: Do you want to allow "AUDI UHV" to access your Contacts?" Choose YES.
6) Now wait about 1 minute and all of your contacts should show up on your Audi's screen.
7) After a few days, it will stop working, so just Turn off your car/bluetooth, delete your call history from your phone, then turn your car back on.

Mercedes-
Bluetooth pairing of voice works fine.
Synchronizing of contacts DOES NOT WORK on 2007 and prior vehicles that use the V60 bluetooth "puck" shown in the picture below and here: (http://www.wireless4mb.com/page18/page18.html)

I will be trying Jetware's bluetooth stack (http://www.jetwaremobile.com/) but I doubt it will work since it was designed for WM5 and 6, they have stopped development.

Please comment on if you've been able to get your Audi and/or Mercedes to sync contacts with your Windows Mobile device (preferably Touch Pro or Touch Diamond).
Attached Images
File Type: png puck1.png (5.7 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old: VZW TP XV6850 >> VZW XV6900 >> VZW XV6800 >> VZW XV6700 >> VZW XV6600
This post has been thanked 1 times.