View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Cap'nChronic
N00b
Threadstarter

Cap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on repCap'nChronic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.5 Ultralite Kitchen

Download Ultralite Kitchen here
[CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2)]

This is a modified version of Calkulin's kitchen. Big thanks to Calcu!

Here's a quick and dirty guide to cooking with the Ultralite Kitchen:

1. Download and extract the Ultralite kitchen to your computer
2. You can manually remove any of the program folders in the OEM folder before cooking if you don't want that program or wait and do it with the kitchen if that folder has an "option.xml" file in it. If it doesn't, you have to remove it manually.
3. If you want to add a program, you will need to find the OEM package somewhere at PPCGeeks (or elsewhere). Calu's kitchen has lots of OEMs that you can download. So does TobeyChris' kitchens. RSToyGuy also has a great thread in this forum with lots of VGA OEMs. Make sure that you delete and redundant files that are in the OEM folder when adding new ones. Redundant files cause errors when building.
4. Run Calkulin's Diamond Kitchen.cmd, then select Option 1 - Build a ROM, then Option 1 again - Build a ROM using Build OS, select the programs you want by checking the appropriate boxes. Once your done, click the green button in the upper left corner.
5. Give it a few minutes to process. If there are any errors, that likely means that you have two of the same file somewhere in your OEM folder. Search for the file, and delete one of them - then re run BuildOS. Once Build completes by saying "done" in the bottom right, close BuildOS.
6. A bunch of different programs will run for about five minutes or so, and then you will be taken to either a RUU (Rom Update Utility) or a PP (PagePool) changer. The PagePool changer is optional -- I'm using 24MB PP these days, but anything between 0 and 32 is fine. Close PP changer, the RUU opens.
7. Flash and enjoy.

**Important Notes:

1. You must use my OEMdrivers folder with the SYS. If you seperate the two, you will need to add cprog.exe and tpcutil.dll to the sys.

2. I don't care what you do with my kitchen. You can use any OEM's or files you find, but please give me the proper credit if you post a public ROM with elements of my work, or repost any files. Thanks.

3. Be sure to thank Calkulin and Indagroove as well, for their work and help on this kitchen.

Last edited by Cap'nChronic; 06-02-2009 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 19 times.