View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Lady Harley
Lurker

Lady Harley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to all this - questions and feeling pretty dumb

I've had a cell phone for years - usually the latest and greatest - also a Palm PDA - moderately used. I, of course, decided I needed the 6800 - and got it 2 days ago.

While most things are explained - I'm lost of finding answers to a few things.

First - With ActivSync - I have a desktop with XP and a laptop with Vista... can I download both applications and use the 6800 on either computer?

Second - once I enter contacts and sync with my PC, is there a way (like with a standard PDA) that I can access the contacts on my PC, make changes - and then on the next sync have the new information on the 6800? The manual talks like you should, but I can't find the files on my PC to access.

Third - In reading through the forum, I see a lot of "changes" being made through reg editors and such to make some things better. How do you download something to the 6800? Is it like a regular computer, you go online to a site and click to download and it just goes?

I guess that would also answer how I get ringers and screensavers and such as well........

I thought I was fairly intelligent, but I feel quite stupid working with this gadget........ I LOVE IT!!!! it's just making me feel a little dumb at the moment.

I thank anyone who can help me out with some of the finer points of the 6800.