View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Geekcop
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Help with rom flash please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma500 View Post
Okay at first I was a little against flashing a new rom on. But there's just too many advantages to overlook. But I have a few questions first. I own a HTC Touch, That's all the box says, no make/model #. Just a regular OLD touch. It looks like the phone 4th from the left in the pic up top.

I'm with rogers, which is a SIM card network. If I copy all my contacts onto the sim card, will they be there after the flash?

Can I even flash when I have a SIM card?

Where can I find the best/gooder (yeah I know) ROM's?
I can't stress this enough...don't be in a hurry to flash to a new ROM. You really need to get familiar with your device, its performance with the stock ROM, and the WInMo platform as a whole. You also need to understand the flashing process inside and out, the inherent potential hazards, and how to unscrew any problems that crop up. Flashing is one of those things you cannot short cut, or you're guaranteed problems. I'm by no means discouraging the exploration of new ROMs, but get comforatable with the basics before you try them.