View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera/Flash Crashing issues: here's a temporary fix

I wanted to start a thread to discuss Opera/Flash issues that have been prevalent for some time. The solution is temporary until Opera comes out with full flash support, that is until adobe and opera team up. If your like me, and want Opera to render pages as they should with no crashes and don't mind not playing video in Opera, then this will work for you. I use 15613 currently but have also experienced the crashing issue with 15954 and 16277. By turning off plugins in opera settings (Settings>Advanced, uncheck plugins), it has not crashed on me since. This will work on any rom you use, especially ones that have flash 3.1 cooked in or installed which causes the problem in the first place. Now as I mentioned you will lose flash video capabilities but flash content still loads up fine(previews of videos, etc). I guess there's always wvd/tcpmp, skyfire, mach5 that will outperform opera/flash video performance at the moment. I have tested this going to various flash video sites or sites with flash video content (www.blockbuster.com) and with plugins disabled, Opera will load the page and not crash. Try it and see if it makes a difference. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.