View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
eb3604
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

eb3604 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1. Does anyone use the landscape dialer? When Paul resized the buttons in the dll, he based them off of the original touch sizes i guess. Anyway, the buttons for the portrait are 78x35px. The buttons for the landscape are 90x28. I went into the DLL and resized the landscape buttons to 90x35. It makes the buttons easier to press, and makes it easier for me to skin it. But does anyone care about this? Smart dial still works for landscape, but if people don't use smart dial and use landscape, the number dialed won't appear. (it will be beneath the erase button and blue window)

So I guess I could make 2 cabs, one with the regular landscape buttons, and one with the bigger landscape buttons. Although that would be a total pain.

2. The dialer's buttons and coordinates for their locations are in a DLL. In the one that Sprint uses, there is only coordinates for the dialer screens, not the progress screens.
Read the posts from me and Paul on PDAphonehome for more info on that. The layout for the progress buttons are small, and unevenly spaced. See below.

So I could A. skin the progress screen like it is right now with the touch dialer. Though the pngs for when you press down a progress key will be off and it will look weird. or B. I can use the actual coordinates and make the buttons their actual sizes. Like below.

Sorry this is really wordy. I'm just like that I guess. If it doesnt make sense just tell me and i can try to condense it.